WATER IS AN ESSENTIAL NUTRIENT!
Our body is composed of approximately 60% water. Water is ranked second only to oxygen, according to experts. A person can survive months without food but can’t survive more than 2 days without water. As the body can’t store water, we need fresh supplies every day to make up for losses from the lungs, skin and urine.
What is the function of H2O?
- The body uses water in all its cells, organs and tissues to help regulate temperature and maintain other bodily functions.
- It helps maintain a healthy weight. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish between hunger and thirst. If you feel hungry, drink some water first and then reassess your hunger status.
- H2O cushions our joints and protects tissues and organs from shock damage.
- Water Flushes out toxins and wasters
- Water assist moisten mucous membranes such as those of the lungs and mouth
- Aids digestion and prevents constipation
- Carriers Nutrients and oxygen to cells
TIPS FOR DRINKING WATER:
- Keeping a water bottle handy
- Adding Lemon or Lime to water
- Sip before every meal
- Add Flavor to your pitcher
- Use an App to track your cups
- Invest in a Filter
How much water do we need to drink?
Amount of water needed depends on size, weight activity and even where you live.
Use the calculator below to calculate how much water you should be drinking: