5/5 (1) Butternut Squash Nutrition Benefit Did you know butternut squash is actually a fruit? Although botanically it is a fruit, but it is cooked as a vegetable. We love butternut squash not only because of its sweet and amazing flavors but also because of it’s…
Halloween Candy Corn Protein Pancakes Recipe
Halloween is over and you have extra candy left over and do not know what to do with it? You can make this easy and delicious Halloween candy corn protein pancake recipe. It is low in sugar and enhanced with protein powder for additional nutritional benefits.
If you do not have candy left over, you can still make these delicious pancakes.
Kill the Pasta crave, Perfect Low Carb Keto Friendly Recipe!
Am I the only one obsessed with zucchini? We use low carb zucchini to replace pastas, bake cakes and breads, for salads, to make soups, sauteed, you name it we’ve replaced it with zucchini. We do not have a preference, we eat it cooked, baked, sauteed, fried and even raw. If you have not have replaced a starchy pasta with zucchini you are missing out on a great thing! Zoodles are the next best thing to coffee!
MAKE THE POPULAR BEST TASTING EASY HEALTHY COLESLAW RECIPE
There are times where we are just to busy too make anything from scratch. Ordering out is not very healthy either. At times like this, we like to have pre-cut veggies or pre-made salads on hand . This way we can whip up a salad in minutes. Most grocery store chains carry organic pre-made salads. They do sometimes contain unhealthy dressings or add on’s. We normally do not use those. We like to create a quick dressing and add our own TLC to the salad. This popular and easy to make healthy coleslaw recipe uses a bag of organic broccoli slaw and we added our own spin.
5/5 (3) Why is sleep absolutely important for weight loss? When most people begin a wellness program, they only think of nutrition and fitness as part of the their new program, they fail to include sleep and rest as well. Leaving out rest and recovery will…
Please rate this Sample rating item Anti-inflammatory golden milk This turmeric tea has now become part of our nightly rituals. It is so easy to make and has so many benefits. It nourishes your mind, body and soul. Golden milk contains anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory goodness. It also lowers…
How Much Protein Should I Consume? One of the most common questions we receive from our customers, is how much protein should I consume? As for all diets the answer is, it depends. It depends on many factors. Age, weight, goals, sex, etc. One of the biggest…
We are so excited about this Raw Key Lime Pie Protein Cup Cake Pie Recipe!! Ever since we visited Key West last year and had a slice of Key Lime Pie we knew we had to recreate a healthier version of this creamy and delicious dessert! As we know the original version of the Key Lime Pie is so rich and sweet but also loaded with unwanted calories and high in sugar. Our recreated version has added protein and uses a sugar free syrup as a sweetener. The sweetener can easily be exchanged for coconut sugar or Stevia if desired. This raw key lime pie is a no bake recipe and it is a great guilt free dessert!
On of the biggest misconception regarding nutrition is that, eating healthy is too expensive. This couldn’t be further from the truth. With proper planning and research eating healthy can actually be cheaper than junk food. For those whom have a Fresh Market in there area, they actually make it easy to eat healthy without breaking the bank. Every Tuesday they offer free range, no antibiotic chicken breast for only $2.99 a lb. They also have the Little Big Meal weekly specials which change every week. Basically it is a complete meal for four people for $20. This week the Little Big Meal is for fajitas and includes all of the following:
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 ½ lb Chicken Breast Strips, 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips, or 1 lb Raw Peeled/Deveined Shrimp (51-60 per pound)
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Simply Organic Simmer Sauce, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 ct La Tortilla Factory Hand Made Style Tortillas, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Regular or Light Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 lb Texas Caviar or Elote Corn Salad
- GET ONE: Southwest Veggie Kit
These Little Big Meals also bring a recipe card, which are delicious and easy to follow. The recipe below was included with our meal, the only addition was we added a few shrimp.
Steak and shrimp fajitas recipe
- 2 tbsp The Fresh Market Canola Oil, divided*
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Southwest Veggie Kit
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg La Tortilla Handmade Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 container Daisy Sour Cream
- Lime, cut into wedges*
- In large skillet, add oil and heat over medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook until crumbled and brown with no pink remaining, about 4-5 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and add vegetables from veggie kit. Sauté until lightly browned and slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return steak to pan, reduce heat to medium and add taco simmer sauce to the pan. Simmer until the mixture is warm and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- While mixture simmers, heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, to warm and lightly brown on each side, about 30 seconds – 1 minute per side
- To serve, spoon steak in warm tortillas and top with sour cream and a squeeze of lime.