How to make anti-inflammatory golden milk. This turmeric tea has now become part of our nightly rituals. It is so easy to make and has so many benefits. It nourishes your mind, body and soul. Golden milk contains anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory goodness. It also lowers your blood sugar…
How Much Protein Should I Consume? One of the most common questions we receive from our customers, is how much protein should I consume? As for all diets the answer is, it depends. It depends on many factors. Age, weight, goals, sex, etc. One of the biggest…
We are so excited about this Raw Key Lime Pie Protein Cup Cake Pie Recipe!! Ever since we visited Key West last year and had a slice of Key Lime Pie we knew we had to recreate a healthier version of this creamy and delicious dessert! As we know the original version of the Key Lime Pie is so rich and sweet but also loaded with unwanted calories and high in sugar. Our recreated version has added protein and uses a sugar free syrup as a sweetener. The sweetener can easily be exchanged for coconut sugar or Stevia if desired. This raw key lime pie is a no bake recipe and it is a great guilt free dessert!
On of the biggest misconception regarding nutrition is that, eating healthy is too expensive. This couldn’t be further from the truth. With proper planning and research eating healthy can actually be cheaper than junk food. For those whom have a Fresh Market in there area, they actually make it easy to eat healthy without breaking the bank. Every Tuesday they offer free range, no antibiotic chicken breast for only $2.99 a lb. They also have the Little Big Meal weekly specials which change every week. Basically it is a complete meal for four people for $20. This week the Little Big Meal is for fajitas and includes all of the following:
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 ½ lb Chicken Breast Strips, 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips, or 1 lb Raw Peeled/Deveined Shrimp (51-60 per pound)
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Simply Organic Simmer Sauce, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 ct La Tortilla Factory Hand Made Style Tortillas, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Regular or Light Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 lb Texas Caviar or Elote Corn Salad
- GET ONE: Southwest Veggie Kit
These Little Big Meals also bring a recipe card, which are delicious and easy to follow. The recipe below was included with our meal, the only addition was we added a few shrimp.
Steak and shrimp fajitas recipe
- 2 tbsp The Fresh Market Canola Oil, divided*
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Southwest Veggie Kit
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg La Tortilla Handmade Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 container Daisy Sour Cream
- Lime, cut into wedges*
- In large skillet, add oil and heat over medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook until crumbled and brown with no pink remaining, about 4-5 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and add vegetables from veggie kit. Sauté until lightly browned and slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return steak to pan, reduce heat to medium and add taco simmer sauce to the pan. Simmer until the mixture is warm and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- While mixture simmers, heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, to warm and lightly brown on each side, about 30 seconds – 1 minute per side
- To serve, spoon steak in warm tortillas and top with sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
Our son loves going to Mcdonald’s for breakfast and having a Mcgriddle. Being that we are a healthyfitfamily we knew we had to find a solution, and create a healthier copycat recipe. According to the nutrition label, the McGriddle contains 1263 mgs of sodium, 16 grams of…
how do we stay motivated to continue working out?
Here are a few tips to help you stay motivated:
- Schedule a regular time for your work outs. It is best to add an hour of active time to your schedule in advanced. This will make it feel like an important appointment you need to keep.
Have fun at the gym. For us this is very important. Your fitness plan should vary daily and should not feel like a boring routine. It should feel fun and exciting. Switch it up and stick to things that you enjoy.Change your mindset. This is so important. You must now think differently. Think of a work-out as a blessing, instead of a punishment.
- Change your belief’s, you are now an athlete, you need to be strong for your kids, you need to be active so that you may live longer, these are the thoughts you must now have. You are not lazy, you are not a couch potato, replace all of those old negative thoughts with new positive ones.
- Find an accountability partner, for us is each other. If you are married, your spouse can be be that person. Your accountability partner should be someone that shares your passion, that has similar goals, and will help you stay on track. Share your intentions with them.
- Set small weekly goals. Goals should be realistic and attainable or else you will be setting yourself up for failure. What it is? Define it, write it down, and visit it daily. Once you reach your goal, you may start working on another goal. This will help you stay motivated. We use the Yunmai smart scale which allows us to set our goals and keep track daily. The scale connects to your smart phone, it has 10 Precision Body Measurements: Body Fat, BMI, Muscle, Hydration, Bone mass and More. Very easy to set up and use. Using fitness data technology, lightning fast Bluetooth connectivity, and Body Index analysis capabilities, our body composition scales and mobile app offer actionable insight into your overall health by providing detailed measurements of 10 key body composition measurements.You can easily sync Yunmai with a variety of other wellness apps, tools, and technologies such as Apple Health, FitBit, Google Fit, etc. With more data seamlessly streamlined at your fingertips, you can get a better grip on your health.
I am so excited after trying for months to perfect the spaghetti squash, I finally discovered I was missing a very important step. Not sure about you guys, but I wasn’t feeling my spaghetti squash, I was eating it because it is good for our healthy but…
Healthy, Easy to Make Van’s Protein Loaded Waffles Recipe Sometimes we do not have the time to prepare breakfast but our bodies still need the right nutrition to get us through the day. Van’s Power Grain waffles are perfect for these type of days. They contain the…
Black beans are an excellent legume. They have many benefits such as: 1) Helps maintain healthy bones. It contains zinc, calcium, magnesium, and copper which all contribuite to health bones. 2) Managing diabetes. Studies show that individuals with a high fiber diet have lower blood glucose levels.…