Black beans are an excellent legume. They have many benefits such as:
1) Helps maintain healthy bones. It contains zinc, calcium, magnesium, and copper which all contribuite to health bones.
2) Managing diabetes. Studies show that individuals with a high fiber diet have lower blood glucose levels.
3. Lowering blood pressure. Black beans are naturally low in sodium and contain potassium which have been found to lower blood pressure naturally.
4) Preventing Cancer. Black beans contain selenium, folate, and high fiber which all aid in cancer prevention.
5) Weight Loss. Fiber is an important in weight loss and weight management. It acts as a “bulking agent” in the digestive system. It increases the sense of fullness after eating and reduces appetite.
This Creamy Black Bean recipe is very simple and easy to make. We use canned beans to shorten the cook and prep time. You may substitute and prepare your own beans if you wish.
– 1/4 cup diced red onions
– 1/4 cup diced yellow peppers
– 1/4 tbsp minced garlic
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp Chia seeds
– 2 tbsp coconut aminos
– Diced green onions
– one can of low sodium black beans
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese