How Much Protein Should I Consume? One of the most common questions we receive from our customers, is how much protein should I consume? As for all diets the answer is, it depends. It depends on many factors. Age, weight, goals, sex, etc. One of the biggest…
We are so excited about this Raw Key Lime Pie Protein Cup Cake Pie Recipe!! Ever since we visited Key West last year and had a slice of Key Lime Pie we knew we had to recreate a healthier version of this creamy and delicious dessert! As we know the original version of the Key Lime Pie is so rich and sweet but also loaded with unwanted calories and high in sugar. Our recreated version has added protein and uses a sugar free syrup as a sweetener. The sweetener can easily be exchanged for coconut sugar or Stevia if desired. This raw key lime pie is a no bake recipe and it is a great guilt free dessert!
On of the biggest misconception regarding nutrition is that, eating healthy is too expensive. This couldn’t be further from the truth. With proper planning and research eating healthy can actually be cheaper than junk food. For those whom have a Fresh Market in there area, they actually make it easy to eat healthy without breaking the bank. Every Tuesday they offer free range, no antibiotic chicken breast for only $2.99 a lb. They also have the Little Big Meal weekly specials which change every week. Basically it is a complete meal for four people for $20. This week the Little Big Meal is for fajitas and includes all of the following:
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 ½ lb Chicken Breast Strips, 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips, or 1 lb Raw Peeled/Deveined Shrimp (51-60 per pound)
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Simply Organic Simmer Sauce, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 ct La Tortilla Factory Hand Made Style Tortillas, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Regular or Light Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 lb Texas Caviar or Elote Corn Salad
- GET ONE: Southwest Veggie Kit
These Little Big Meals also bring a recipe card, which are delicious and easy to follow. The recipe below was included with our meal, the only addition was we added a few shrimp.
Steak and shrimp fajitas recipe
- 2 tbsp The Fresh Market Canola Oil, divided*
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Southwest Veggie Kit
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg La Tortilla Handmade Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 container Daisy Sour Cream
- Lime, cut into wedges*
- In large skillet, add oil and heat over medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook until crumbled and brown with no pink remaining, about 4-5 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and add vegetables from veggie kit. Sauté until lightly browned and slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return steak to pan, reduce heat to medium and add taco simmer sauce to the pan. Simmer until the mixture is warm and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- While mixture simmers, heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, to warm and lightly brown on each side, about 30 seconds – 1 minute per side
- To serve, spoon steak in warm tortillas and top with sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
Our son loves going to Mcdonald’s for breakfast and having a Mcgriddle. Being that we are a healthyfitfamily we knew we had to find a solution, and create a healthier copycat recipe. According to the nutrition label, the McGriddle contains 1263 mgs of sodium, 16 grams of…
how do we stay motivated to continue working out?
Here are a few tips to help you stay motivated:
- Schedule a regular time for your work outs. It is best to add an hour of active time to your schedule in advanced. This will make it feel like an important appointment you need to keep.
Have fun at the gym. For us this is very important. Your fitness plan should vary daily and should not feel like a boring routine. It should feel fun and exciting. Switch it up and stick to things that you enjoy.Change your mindset. This is so important. You must now think differently. Think of a work-out as a blessing, instead of a punishment.
- Change your belief’s, you are now an athlete, you need to be strong for your kids, you need to be active so that you may live longer, these are the thoughts you must now have. You are not lazy, you are not a couch potato, replace all of those old negative thoughts with new positive ones.
- Find an accountability partner, for us is each other. If you are married, your spouse can be be that person. Your accountability partner should be someone that shares your passion, that has similar goals, and will help you stay on track. Share your intentions with them.
- Set small weekly goals. Goals should be realistic and attainable or else you will be setting yourself up for failure. What it is? Define it, write it down, and visit it daily. Once you reach your goal, you may start working on another goal. This will help you stay motivated. We use the Yunmai smart scale which allows us to set our goals and keep track daily. The scale connects to your smart phone, it has 10 Precision Body Measurements: Body Fat, BMI, Muscle, Hydration, Bone mass and More. Very easy to set up and use. Using fitness data technology, lightning fast Bluetooth connectivity, and Body Index analysis capabilities, our body composition scales and mobile app offer actionable insight into your overall health by providing detailed measurements of 10 key body composition measurements.You can easily sync Yunmai with a variety of other wellness apps, tools, and technologies such as Apple Health, FitBit, Google Fit, etc. With more data seamlessly streamlined at your fingertips, you can get a better grip on your health.
Every year in July I debate over which city we will be visiting for our yearly tradition. As a family tradition we travel to a new city for the Christmas holidays. Ever year it gets more difficult as we have visited most ski towns in the USA and Canada. After family deliberations we decided we would be visiting Park City and Deer Valley in Utah.
We chose Utah because a white Christmas is pretty much guaranteed and there is so much family activities do to during the winter season. We decided to stay at Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection and upon arriving to our cottage we knew we had made the right decision. Some of the cottages were on the water with beautiful mountain views. We opted for a one bedroom suite which is perfect for families. It has a private bedroom and kitchenette, a soak in tub and ours had a hot tub in the patio with views to the cross country skiing course. It was perfect for our family as our son could cross country ski and we could watch him while soaking in the hot tub.
The next day after our arrival there was a huge snow storm, we waited a bit and then decided to go cross country skiing. What an amazing family activity. We walked over to the equipment rental which is right on the hotel premises and rented the equipment for 2 hours. It was a great way to start the day and get some exercise and family time in.
Park City Marriott is near Downtown Park City, just an Uber ride away. We decided to go have dinner and check out the area that evening. There is plenty for the kids to do. Many choices of restaurants and a trolley that will drive you around the area.
One of our favorite activities in the snow is tubing and Park City has several options. This is a great family activity. We went to Gorgoza Park, few miles from the hotel and spend a few hours family tubing. The park contains a warm yurt which sells warm drinks and snacks. I noticed for families with smaller kids this was ideal to keep warm while the bigger siblings played outside.
One of our favorite activities was The Viking Yurt. This was so much fun for our family. The event begins with a 25 minute sleigh ride up 1,800 feet with incredible views of the night sky, giant trees, and the best views of Park City mountains. The take you to a Yurt where you will be served a Nordic dinner along with live entertainment. The also pass around hats, horns and mask for dress up, the kids loved this! What an experience
Giovanni loves to Ski, on one of the days, we dropped him off for his ski class while we went to brunch at Deer Valley. It was a win-win for us all. The brunch at Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley was spectacular and included unlimited mimosas. They had a gingerbread house for all Star Wars fans. It was causing quite the commotion.
Park City Marriott was the perfect hotel for our family vacation. When we were not out exploring, we were lounging in our cottage watching the snowfall. We also spent a lot of time in the hotel lobby having complimentary hot chocolate and coffee.They have games for the families and a beautiful Baby Grand Piano.
Park City was also amazing during New Years, they had the most amazing fireworks show and a live concert for the families to watch. We normally do not return to the same destination as we love to explore new cities but we would love to return to Park City!
park city marriott lobby
New year's eve at park city
our park city family vacation
I am so excited after trying for months to perfect the spaghetti squash, I finally discovered I was missing a very important step. Not sure about you guys, but I wasn’t feeling my spaghetti squash, I was eating it because it is good for our healthy but…
Healthy, Easy to Make Van’s Protein Loaded Waffles Recipe Sometimes we do not have the time to prepare breakfast but our bodies still need the right nutrition to get us through the day. Van’s Power Grain waffles are perfect for these type of days. They contain the…
Black beans are an excellent legume. They have many benefits such as: 1) Helps maintain healthy bones. It contains zinc, calcium, magnesium, and copper which all contribuite to health bones. 2) Managing diabetes. Studies show that individuals with a high fiber diet have lower blood glucose levels.…
Please rate this Sample rating item We stayed at the JW Marriott in Marco, Island for 5 days over the Fourth of July holidays. Marco Island is a city in Collier County, located in an island in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Southwest…