5/5 (1) Butternut Squash Nutrition Benefit Did you know butternut squash is actually a fruit? Although botanically it is a fruit, but it is cooked as a vegetable. We love butternut squash not only because of its sweet and amazing flavors but also because of it’s…
Kill the Pasta crave, Perfect Low Carb Keto Friendly Recipe!
Am I the only one obsessed with zucchini? We use low carb zucchini to replace pastas, bake cakes and breads, for salads, to make soups, sauteed, you name it we’ve replaced it with zucchini. We do not have a preference, we eat it cooked, baked, sauteed, fried and even raw. If you have not have replaced a starchy pasta with zucchini you are missing out on a great thing! Zoodles are the next best thing to coffee!
Please rate this Sample rating item Anti-inflammatory golden milk This turmeric tea has now become part of our nightly rituals. It is so easy to make and has so many benefits. It nourishes your mind, body and soul. Golden milk contains anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory goodness. It also lowers…
We are so excited about this Raw Key Lime Pie Protein Cup Cake Pie Recipe!! Ever since we visited Key West last year and had a slice of Key Lime Pie we knew we had to recreate a healthier version of this creamy and delicious dessert! As we know the original version of the Key Lime Pie is so rich and sweet but also loaded with unwanted calories and high in sugar. Our recreated version has added protein and uses a sugar free syrup as a sweetener. The sweetener can easily be exchanged for coconut sugar or Stevia if desired. This raw key lime pie is a no bake recipe and it is a great guilt free dessert!
On of the biggest misconception regarding nutrition is that, eating healthy is too expensive. This couldn’t be further from the truth. With proper planning and research eating healthy can actually be cheaper than junk food. For those whom have a Fresh Market in there area, they actually make it easy to eat healthy without breaking the bank. Every Tuesday they offer free range, no antibiotic chicken breast for only $2.99 a lb. They also have the Little Big Meal weekly specials which change every week. Basically it is a complete meal for four people for $20. This week the Little Big Meal is for fajitas and includes all of the following:
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 ½ lb Chicken Breast Strips, 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips, or 1 lb Raw Peeled/Deveined Shrimp (51-60 per pound)
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Simply Organic Simmer Sauce, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 ct La Tortilla Factory Hand Made Style Tortillas, All Varieties
- CHOOSE ONE: 8 oz Regular or Light Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- CHOOSE ONE: 1 lb Texas Caviar or Elote Corn Salad
- GET ONE: Southwest Veggie Kit
These Little Big Meals also bring a recipe card, which are delicious and easy to follow. The recipe below was included with our meal, the only addition was we added a few shrimp.
Steak and shrimp fajitas recipe
- 2 tbsp The Fresh Market Canola Oil, divided*
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak Strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Southwest Veggie Kit
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg La Tortilla Handmade Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 container Daisy Sour Cream
- Lime, cut into wedges*
- In large skillet, add oil and heat over medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook until crumbled and brown with no pink remaining, about 4-5 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and add vegetables from veggie kit. Sauté until lightly browned and slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return steak to pan, reduce heat to medium and add taco simmer sauce to the pan. Simmer until the mixture is warm and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- While mixture simmers, heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, to warm and lightly brown on each side, about 30 seconds – 1 minute per side
- To serve, spoon steak in warm tortillas and top with sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
Our son loves going to Mcdonald’s for breakfast and having a Mcgriddle. Being that we are a healthyfitfamily we knew we had to find a solution, and create a healthier copycat recipe. According to the nutrition label, the McGriddle contains 1263 mgs of sodium, 16 grams of…
I am so excited after trying for months to perfect the spaghetti squash, I finally discovered I was missing a very important step. Not sure about you guys, but I wasn’t feeling my spaghetti squash, I was eating it because it is good for our healthy but…
Healthy, Easy to Make Van’s Protein Loaded Waffles Recipe Sometimes we do not have the time to prepare breakfast but our bodies still need the right nutrition to get us through the day. Van’s Power Grain waffles are perfect for these type of days. They contain the…
Black beans are an excellent legume. They have many benefits such as: 1) Helps maintain healthy bones. It contains zinc, calcium, magnesium, and copper which all contribuite to health bones. 2) Managing diabetes. Studies show that individuals with a high fiber diet have lower blood glucose levels.…
Easy Keto Stuffed Avocado with Tuna Tartare Low Carb Recipe. Avocados are not only healthy but they are so damn delicious! Did you know avocados are actually a fruit? They really are, so next time you prepare a smoothie, do not hesitate to add this paleo and…