A Delightful Clean Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
One of the hardest obstacles to overcome while trying to lose weight or live a healthier lifestyle is sweets and/or desserts. There will be times that you will crave a dessert and not have anything healthier on hand, which in turn makes you choose the wrong snacks or desserts. The best thing to do, to overcome this obstacle is to have healthier choices available.
Here are some ways to fight those sugar cravings:
- Stay hydrated, when you get a sugar craving, drink a glass of water. Sometimes dehydration can cause cravings.
- Eat a fruit. Having a fruit such as an apple, orange, or a banana can help with those sugar cravings.
- Do not starve yourself. Make sure you are eating all of your meals, try to prevent becoming too hungry in between meals as this will trigger cravings.
- Chewing gum can help with sugar cravings. Make sure it is sugar free gum.
- Home made trail mix. Have it ready to go, so when you have the craving it is available.
- Clean, high protein desserts. Make a dozen of these on meal prep day for the week so you have them available all week. A great example is our Chocolate Chip Protein Muffin. They are delicious and a great alternative to the high sugar and unhealthier option.
Clean Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins Recipe
These high protein muffins are great to indulge your muscles and not your waistline!
- 3 scoops Chocolate Brownie Protein Powder
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1 cup Stevia baking blend
- 1/4 cup coconut brown sugar
- 1 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips Sweetened with Stevia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 each egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Combine flour, protein powder, stevia, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
Whisk egg, yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil in another bowl until smooth; pour into chocolate mixture and stir until batter is just blended.
Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
Bake on the middle rack, in a preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes.
Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Another great snack option is our Apple Pie Peanut Butter Salted Protein Bars!