GRASS FED BEEF IS BETTER FOR YOU AND BETTER FOR THE PLANET
While we agree that consumers should decrease their intake of animal product, we also agree that when consuming animal products we should make a conscious effort to chose wisely. Grass fed beef is the smart choice as it is actually healthier for you and better for the environment.
Here are a few reasons why grass fed beef is healthier:
- FEWER CALORIES, grass fed beef has few calories than grain feed beef but has more nutritional value.
- SUPPORTS NORMAL SUGAR LEVEL. Grass fed beef contain CLA, CLA is known to help prevent obesity and diabetes.
- CONTAINS MORE HEALTHY FATS. Grass-fed beef provides up to six times more omega–3 fatty acids.
Here are a few tips for cooking grass fed beef:
- Grass fed cooks quicker than grain-fed beef, make sure to use a thermometer and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Grass fed beef is lower in fat, make sure to coat it with healthy fat such as avocado oil or ghee.
- Do not thaw grass fed beef in the microwave as it will dry it out, instead thaw it in the fridge overnight.
There are so many amazing recipes you can cook with grass fed beef, one of our favorite is Grass Fed Meatball and zucchini. The meatballs are moist and the zucchini is low carb. This is a perfect Keto recipe as well.
SMOKE HOUSE MAPLE MOZZARELLA STUFFED GIANT MEATBALL OVER ZUCCHINI NOODLES
Grass Fed Meatball over low carb zucchini noodles.
- 5 ounces 95% Lean Grass Fed Beef
- 1/4 cup Pomi Natural Tomato Sauce
- 1 each zucchini
- 1/2 each skim milk mozzarella stick
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 6 each basil leaves chopped
- 4 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates - Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
In a food processor add the lean ground beef, a pinch of kosher salt, 2 tbsp. garlic paste, 1 tbsp. of Seasoning and diced onions . Blend together
2. Take the blended beef and form a patty. Add the cheese to the center and form a ball around it.
3. Make the sauce: in a food processor add the marina sauce, a pinch of kosher salt, 2 tbsp. garlic paste, 1 tbsp. of Seasoning . Blend together
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. In a small glass or metal bowl add the meatball and pour the sauce over it. Cover it with foil and cook for about 25 min.
6. Using a spiralizer , noodle the zucchini
7. Plating: add the noodles, then the meatball, then some grated( not powdered) mozzarella and finish it with a basil leaf.
Other Meatball recipe: