I am so excited after trying for months to perfect the spaghetti squash, I finally discovered I was missing a very important step. Not sure about you guys, but I wasn’t feeling my spaghetti squash, I was eating it because it is good for our healthy but the taste wasn’t resonating with me, it was too mushy and sweet for my taste buds. I created The Best Keto Friendly Spaghetti Squash Simple recipe after following these easy steps. These easy steps below should be followed regardless of what recipe you use for your spaghetti squash.
Are you ready for the best spaghetti squash you have ever tasted?
Here we go!
Instead of cutting it half, you will cut it in rings, gut it, removing the seeds.
Lay it on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt. Leave it for 15 minutes, this will absorb all of the water. Once the 15 minutes have passed, take a paper towel and wipe off all of the excess moisture and salt. This will help the texture of the Spaghetti Squash, it will not be so mushy.
Now spread a bit of your favorite oil, I used coconut oil on top of the Spaghetti Squash and baked for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Once baked allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the skin and tear the strands with your hand, you should have long “pasta like” strands.
Once I was done with cooking the “pasta” I created The Best Keto Friendly Spaghetti Squash Simple recipe.
The Best Keto Friendly Spaghetti Squash Simple recipe
The Best Keto Friendly Spaghetti Squash Simple recipe, it is high in protein and low in carbs, great alternative to lasagna or pasta night.
- 1 each medium squashed cooked and separated strands
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 3 each small garlic clove minced
- 1 each small onion diced
- 1 each small green pepper diced
- 6 oz skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1 each large egg
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can Pomi tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
Cook Squash as desired and separate stands.
2. Dice all of your veggies.
3. Saute all of your veggies in olive oil.
4. Add turkey breast.
5. Add Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
6. Continue stirring to prevent turkey from clumping, and cook until turkey is pink.
7. Add tomato sauce and broth.
8. Cover and lower heat to low. Cook for another 20 minutes.
9. In blender add ricotta cheese and egg, blend until smooth.
10. In baking dish layer the cooked squash strands all the way up the pan and press down, this is your crust.
11. Add your ricotta cheese blend on top and spread evenly.
12. Add your turkey sauce.
13. Add your cheese.
14. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes uncovered.
15. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.