Blissful Valentine’s Day Pink Velvet And Dark Protein Truffle
Let’s face it, when we think about Valentine’s day, we think about all of the guilty chocolates and treats we will be consuming. Some even get anxiety thinking they will ruin their weight loss plan during this special occasion. Chef Geo knows how much I too, love indulging on Valentine’s Day. So he created this cleaner recipe of Valentine’s Pink Velvet And Dark Protein Truffle. His recipe adds protein and eliminates added sugar to help keep the calories lower. The healthier nutrients such as protein higher. These are perfect as a Valentine gift or can even be made to have as dessert or a special treat for Valentine or even year round.
Blissful Valentine's Pink Velvet And Dark Protein Truffle
Blissful Valentine's Pink Velvet And Dark Protein Truffle a healthier Valentine Day dessert or gift option.
- 5 scoop strawberry Protein Powder
- 2-3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached Cake Flour Blend
- 1-2/3 cup Stevia baking blend
- 3/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 each large egg white only
- 1 each whole egg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese softened
- 12 oz Lily dark chocolate baking chips
- 12 oz baking white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp pink food coloring
Mix all of the first 5 ingredients for 2 minutes on slow speed, to blend and aerate. Add the soft coconut oil until crumbly.
2. Add the egg whites, then the whole egg, beating after each addition to begin building the structure of the cake. Scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically
3. In a small bowl, whisk the coconut milk, with the vanilla, pink food coloring and almond extracts.
4. Add the mixture 1/3 at a time , to the egg mixture. Beat 2-4 minutes after each addition, until fluffy, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl. Pour the batter into a greased pan and or parchment paper lined pans. ( 2 8x9”) or 1 ( 9x13”) pan.
5. Bake the cake(s) in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center, when it comes out clean, its done.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely then crumble the cake in a large bowl
7. Add softened cream cheese and knead gently with your fingers until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
8. Roll about 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. You will get about 35-40 balls. Set in the fridge to chill.
9. Melt white chocolate, remove cake balls form the fridge and using a toothpick dip them into melted chocolate. Place one ball at a time into the melted chocolate, roll the ball to coat evenly coat with the chocolate, then slightly tap the tooth pick against the side of the bowl to trim the excess chocolate and place the truffle on the parchment paper. Set them back in the fridge until chocolate is firm.
10. Melt dark chocolate, transfer into a small bag, cut the corner off and pipe melted chocolate on top of the truffles.
11. Store in the fridge. REPEAT the reverse process steps 9-10 for dark Chocolate Balls
See our Apple Pie Peanut Butter Salted Protein Bar Recipe!